Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: K.I.S.S.  (Read 1786 times)

lohachata

• i wanna be a fight promoter.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
K.I.S.S.
« on: February 15, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »
ok;so most everyone has heard that expression."Keep It Simple Stupid".that is how i try to work.i have noticed that some folks kind of go over the edge with things.and being the mean guy i am;i always say that they are trying to show the world how brilliant they are.i am not very bright;so i am able to keep it simple..so here are a couple of things on how i do my tank maintainance.
for starters i only have about 25 tanks set up.water changes are much faster than when i had 100;but my system is unchanged.if you only have 1 or 2 small tanks;then the bucket method is fine.but when you do about 300 or more gallons of changes each week,you have to be more efficient.
i got a Python water change system.great product.BUT...................unless you are rich(or crazy);get rid of the venturi unit.that is the piece that you hook up to your faucet and creates the suction to syphon the water from your tanks.this little device can take your water bill to the moon.you will send 4 times as much fresh water down the drain as you will tank water.and i only use a garden hose hooked up to the big tube.run the other end of the hose to the drain.or out the door if tanks are on the first floor.let it drain into your flowerbed.from one tank to the next,i syphon off all of my tanks at the same time.then hook the hose up to the faucet and go down the line filling.if i am doing bigger changes;40-50% or more;i will then go down the line and give the tanks a squirt of Chlor-Gone.if i have filters that need to be cleaned;i do them next.once this stuff is done it is time to clean up.mop the floor or whatever;put things away..and the last thing you do is take a damp cloth and a dry cloth and clean the fronts of the tanks.
if we ignore nature;maybe it will go away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up