Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bushynose Plecos and more  (Read 4636 times)

lohachata

• i wanna be a fight promoter.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Bushynose Plecos and more
« on: May 11, 2009, 06:29:21 AM »
besides having the Plecocaine for sale; i have a few other items that may be of interest.............
for starters i have some nice young bushynose plecos....about 2-3 months old..1 1/2"+..............either brown or albino..
i also have some black neon tetras....and some other stuff................

fish................

brown bushynose...........................$3.00 each

albino bushynose...........................$4.00 each

black neon tetra.............................$1.50 each

brown bushynose pair...................$35.00.....these will also throw albino fry...

hardgoods..................................

Chlor-Gone.....2oz. bottle with droper cap...1 drop per gallon..treats 960 gallons.....................$2.50 each

formalin...37%....anti fungus for eggs...anti parasite treatment..will not stain water...3 drops per gallon..
2 oz bottle with dropper cap..............$3.00 each

prices do not include shipping......

i can be contacted by PM here at Aqua Universe; or by e-mail at  lohachata@netscape.net
if we ignore nature;maybe it will go away.

jones57742

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bushynose Plecos and more
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 07:32:53 PM »
John:

How are the Angels coming along?

Thanks
Ron
Hookem Horns & Keep Austin Weird & Think Friday 01/08/2010 with Burnt Orange and White on the Field

lohachata

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 09:36:07 PM »
for some unknown reason,i have been having some problems lately..new fry have not been surviving.only have about a dozen or so from the first spawn of the pair of chaney blacks..on top of that; i have had 2 breeders jump out of their tanks during the night..1 of the blacks and one of the silver zebras..
BUT...............................................................
the angels from steve rybicki are doing well so far; and it looks like a pair of the DD blacks are getting ready to lay eggs...possibly by morning...all of the non paired angels will be going into a 125 tomorrow for more grow out and to allow them to pair off..

the young blacks are about 9 or 10 weeks old now; and a few of them are bigger than quarter sized bodies..2 1/2"-3" tall;tip to tip.

there will be some rearranging done soon (i hope); that will allow me to set up a few more tanks..i actually need to set up about 25-30 more;but that ain't happening..but;mainly to allow for several 20 highs to be set up for angel pairs...and from the looks of it; i may have to put dividers in them so it can house 2 breeding pairs in each..and also a couple of larger deep tanks for rearing angel fry.

i will keep you posted on their progress ron..and will try to get some pics as soon as i can...one of the things i am hoping for is that the 2 chaney DD blacks i have left will pick mates from steve's DD blacks...i think the offspring from them will be quite exceptional.

jones57742

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 04:26:22 AM »
John:

When will you have some nickel size which you can send?

Also I do not understand something.

I currently have five angels in my 110G 30" deep tank:
1 high $ Black;
2 high $ German Yellow/Orange Koi's (mostly yellow);
1 PetCo el cheapo Yellow Koi; and
1 PetCo el cheapo Smokey.

Out of these five angels only two appear as if they will attain full adult size:
1 of the German Koi's; and
the Smokey.

"What gives here" as I have never had problems raising fish to their full adult size?

Thanks
Ron
Hookem Horns & Keep Austin Weird & Think Friday 01/08/2010 with Burnt Orange and White on the Field

lohachata

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 08:20:24 AM »
it has been my experience that with some fish you need to bend the rules a little..while many would say that you 110 would be perfect..
as you know..i don't always follow the rules of general opinion.....
while depth is important for angels to develop good finnage;i feel that there are 2 things happening to keep your angels smaller..
1......the tank is too big...........2........the fish aren't crowded enough.

at 4 months of age they should have a body size of a 50 cent piece to silver dollar..5 fish at this size i would have in a 20 high..then switch to something like a 29 or 38..very often when angels have a lot of room;the few dominant fish will run the others off..and with there being a lot of room for refuge; they don't come back out to eat.when they are crowded;there isn't any place to go..so they stay close to where the food is..it may not make a lot of sense;but that is how it has worked for me.
being a high $ fish or an el cheapo has little to do with growth rates..crowd em...temps at 82-84.....feed em 3-4 times a day....change the water often..30% 2-3 times a week...

would you be interested in a few of the lee chaney blacks that i have..they are about 9 weeks old now..

jones57742

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 10:45:57 PM »
John:

1......the tank is too big...........2........the fish aren't crowded enough.  :rofl  :smilieolol5 but I trust your judgement.

at 4 months of age they should have a body size of a 50 cent piece to silver dollar Actually the ones which I have raised are larger than this.

..5 fish at this size i would have in a 20 high..then switch to something like a 29 or 38..very often when angels have a lot of room;  I am unfortunately currently constrained (Chris) to my two 5G's and the 110G.

the few dominant fish will run the others off  For some reason this did not happen to me as I noted very, very little of this behavior.

..and with there being a lot of room for refuge; I have a medium to heavy planted tank with large vals along the side walls.

they don't come back out to eat.when they are crowded;there isn't any place to go..so they stay close to where the food is..it may not make a lot of sense;but that is how it has worked for me.
being a high $ fish or an el cheapo has little to do with growth rates..crowd em...

temps at 82-84 Will 78 work as my community fish are based on this temperature or do I really need to go to 80?

.....feed em 3-4 times a day I typically feed 3 times a day.

....change the water often..30% 2-3 times a week... I do 10% daily WC's:  will this work or do I need to increase?

would you be interested in a few of the lee chaney blacks that i have..they are about 9 weeks old now..  I would rather wait and get some of the highest end which you have when they are like dime size

Thanks
Ron

Obsidian

• OMG--- Did you see that?
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 02:09:27 PM »
Goat boy:
How much would shipping be on say 20-25 black neon tetras????? I'm putting schools into my 100 gallon.

I am looking at the following schools:

20-25 Cherry barbs
20-25 Black Neon Tetras
15-20 lemon tetras

I think that would all look so awesome with what I already have in there. I might make the schools bigger, or make one school bigger than the others, but I want to get those numbers in first so I can have a look-see. I might beef up the zebras too and keep those in there. This is gonna be so awesome! (And my 20 will look so nice with a puffer or two).
YMNRIO (Yes My Name Really Is Obsidian)
YIRDOF (Yes I Really Do Own Fish)

Notes from adolescents:
Are you kidding me?
Uh NO, I don't think so!
Fantabulous!

Notes from my cat:
Meow, yes I did say Meow, and I meant it.

lohachata

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 07:17:09 PM »
RON..I will let you know when i get ready to ship...btw..when i say 4 months of age..i mean 4 months from the time the eggs are laid....

OBS.......  i think that $16.00 should cover the shippingit depends on a couple of factors though....but max would be $20.00

Obsidian

• OMG--- Did you see that?
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 05:47:17 PM »
I am going to want some neons but not just yet. I am guessing it will be a week or two before I am set up for them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 05:51:46 PM by Obsidian »
YMNRIO (Yes My Name Really Is Obsidian)
YIRDOF (Yes I Really Do Own Fish)

Notes from adolescents:
Are you kidding me?
Uh NO, I don't think so!
Fantabulous!

Notes from my cat:
Meow, yes I did say Meow, and I meant it.

lohachata

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 12:03:44 PM »
just so you know obs...the black neons are currently vacationing in the south of colburn(my back yard) ; and shall not return until sometime in the fall.
i will advise as to their return if you are still interested.
Pages: [1]   Go Up