Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oxygen?  (Read 2701 times)

Obsidian

• OMG--- Did you see that?
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Oxygen?
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:39:33 PM »
My bubble wall has stopped working in my 100 gallon (the pump burned out I think because when I blow into the hose it is difficult, very difficult, but air comes out the wand). I had this in there for more than aesthetic purposes. I wanted it to break the surface on the other side of my tank because of how things are set up. I have taken the spray bar out of my canister filter and put the powerhead attachment on to create more movement. Is this going ot be sufficient to oxygenate the tank? The HOB breaks the surface and the powerhead pushes the water pretty well making it somewhat wavy on the top, but it does not break the surface.

Will there be enough oxygen?
YMNRIO (Yes My Name Really Is Obsidian)
YIRDOF (Yes I Really Do Own Fish)

Notes from adolescents:
Are you kidding me?
Uh NO, I don't think so!
Fantabulous!

Notes from my cat:
Meow, yes I did say Meow, and I meant it.

lohachata

• i wanna be a fight promoter.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Oxygen?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 08:40:46 PM »
if there is noticable movement at the surface ; you should have no problems with oxygen content.although even if the water were still there would be no problem with oxygen content..fish do not die from the lack of oxygen in the water..without movement of the water it cannot get rid of the carbon dioxide..the  water can only hold just so much of it..when it reaches the saturation point; the fish can no longer expel it..as they breathe the carbon dioxide keeps building up in their bodies..so;in reality they die from carbon dioxide poisoning..
if we ignore nature;maybe it will go away.

Obsidian

• OMG--- Did you see that?
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Oxygen?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 01:46:06 PM »
The forum is here so those discussions can happen. Feel free to post your comments or concerns or disgreements or agreements right here in the main board :) We love debate!
YMNRIO (Yes My Name Really Is Obsidian)
YIRDOF (Yes I Really Do Own Fish)

Notes from adolescents:
Are you kidding me?
Uh NO, I don't think so!
Fantabulous!

Notes from my cat:
Meow, yes I did say Meow, and I meant it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up